Citati in poemi

Tosy · 18463

Tosy

• Pesjanar
    • Točke: 25
: 29 Avgust 2007, 13:48:23
No, sicer ne vem če je že kakšna tema, sem preverila, ampak možno, da je pod drugim imenom. V glavem jaz že kakšna 3 leta zbiram poeme in citate in jih mam že za okoli 112 A4 strani male pisave.

No, sicer imam veliko pasjih, ampak vseeno, se mi zdi da ni narobe če prilepim kakšnega 'nepasjega'. Tukaj je večina mojih najljubših brez posebnega vrstnega reda. . .

In Kindergarten your idea of a good friend was the person who let you have the red crayon when all that was left was the ugly black one.

In first grade your idea of a good friend was the person who counted the slowest for you when it was your turn at the water fountain.

In second grade your idea of a good friend was the person who helped you stand up to the class bully.

In third grade your idea of a good friend was the person who shared their lunch with you when you forgot yours on the bus.

In fourth grade your idea of a good friend was the person who was willing to switch square dancing partners in gym so you wouldn't have to be stuck do-si-doing with Nasty Nick or Smelly Susan.

In fifth grade your idea of a good friend was the person who saved a seat on the back of the bus for you.

In sixth grade your idea of a good friend was the person who went up to Nick or Susan, your new crush, and asked them to dance with you, so that is they said "no" you wouldn't have to be embarrassed.

In seventh grade your idea of a good friend was the person who let you copy the Social Studies homework from the night before that you had.

In eighth grade your idea of a good friend was the person who helped you pack up your stuffed animals and old baseball stuff, but didn't laugh when you finished and burst into tears.

In ninth grade your idea of a good friend was the person who would go to a party thrown by a senior so you wouldn't wind up being the only freshman there.

In tenth grade your idea of a good friend was the person who changed their schedule so you would still have someone to sit with at lunch.

In eleventh grade your idea of a good friend was the person who gave you rides in their new car, convinced your parents that you shouldn't be grounded, counseled you when you broke up with Nick or Susan, and found you a date to the prom.

In twelfth grade your idea of a good friend was the person who helped you pick out a college/university, assured you that you would get in, and helped you deal with your parents who where having a hard time adjusting to letting you go.

At graduation your idea of a good friend was the person who was crying on the inside, but managed the biggest smile one could give as they congratulated you on all you had achieved.

The summer after graduation your idea of a good friend was the person who helped you clean up the bottles from that party, helped you sneak out of the house when you just couldn't deal with your parents,
assured you that now you and Nick or Susan were back together you could make it through anything.
Helped you pack up for college and just silently hugged you as you looked through misty eyes back at 18 years of memories you where going to leave behind.
Finally, on those last days of childhood, went out of their way to give you reassurance that you would make it in college as well as you had the past 18 years, and most importantly, sent you off knowing you were loved.

Now your idea of a good friend is still the person who gives you the better of the two choices, holds your hand when you're scared, helps you fight off those who try to bring you down,
thinks of you at times when you are not there, reminds you of what you have forgotten, helps you put the past behind you but understand when you need to hold onto it for just a bit longer,
stays with you so that you have confidence, goes out of their way to make time for you, helps you clear up your mistakes, and most of all, lets you know that you will always be loved.

---

10th grade
As I sat there in English class, I stared at the girl next to me. She was my so called "best friend". I stared at her long, silky hair, and wished she was mine.
But she didn't notice me like that, and I knew it. After class, she walked up to me and asked me for the notes she had missed the day before and handed them to her.
She said "thanks" and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I wanted to tell her, I want her to know that I don't want to be just friends, I love her but I'm just too shy, and I don't know why.

11th grade
The phone rang. On the other end, it was her. She was in tears, mumbling on and on about how her love had broke her heart. She asked me to come over because she didn't want to be alone, so I did.
As I sat next to her on the sofa, I stared at her soft eyes, wishing she was mine. After 2 hours, one Drew Barrymore movie, and three bags of chips, she decided to go to sleep.
She looked at me, said "thanks" and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I want to tell her, I want her to know that I don't want to be just friends, I love her but I'm just too shy, and I don't know why.

Senior year
The day before prom she walked to my locker. My date is sick" she said; he's not going to go well, I didn't have a date, and in 7th grade, we made a promise that if neither of us had dates,
we would go together just as "best friends". So we did. Prom night, after everything was over, I was standing at her front door step. I stared at her as she smiled at me and stared at me with her crystal eyes.
I want her to be mine, but she isn't think of me like that, and I know it. Then she said "I had the best time, thanks!" and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I want to tell her,
I want her to know that I don't want to be just friends, I love her but I'm just too shy, and I don't know why.

Graduation day
A day passed, then a week, then a month. Before I could blink, it was graduation day. I watched as her perfect body floated like an angel up on stage to get her diploma.
I wanted her to be mine, but she didn't notice me like that, and I knew it. Before everyone went home, she came to me in her smock and hat, and cried as I hugged her.
Then she lifted her head from my shoulder and said, "you're my best friend, thanks" and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I want to tell her, I want her to know that I don't want to be just friends,
I love her but I'm just too shy, and I don't know why.

A Few Years Later
Now I sit in the pews of the church. That girl is getting married now. I watched her say "I do" and drive off to her new life, married to another man. I wanted her to be mine,
but she didn't see me like that, and I knew it. But before she drove away, she came to me and said "you came!". She said "thanks" and kissed me on the cheek. I want to tell her,
I want her to know that I don't want to be just friends, I love her but I'm just too shy, and I don't know why.

Funeral
Years passed, I looked down at the coffin of a girl who used to be my "best friend". At the service, they read a diary entry she had wrote in her high school years.
This is what it read: I stare at him wishing he was mine, but he doesn't notice me like that, and I know it. I want to tell him, I want him to know that I don't want to be just friends,
I love him but I'm just too shy, and I don't know why. I wish he would tell me he loved me! 'I wish I did too...' I thought to my self, and I cried.

---

One night a guy & a girl were driving home from the movies. The boy sensed there was something wrong 'cause of the painful silence they shared between them that night.
Then the girl asked the boy to pull over 'cause she wanted to talk. She told him that her feelings had changed & that it was time to move on.
A silent tear slid down his cheek as he slowly reached into his pocket & passed her a folded note. At that moment, a drunk driver was speeding down that very same street.
He swerved right into the drivers seat, killing the boy. Miraculously, the girl survived. Remembering the note, she pulled it out & read it.
"Without your love, I would die."

---

"We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly."
- Sam Keen, from To Love and Be Loved

"I get the best feeling in the world when you say hi or even smile at me because I know, even if its just for a second, that I've crossed your mind."
- Unknown

"Never explain yourself. Your friends don't need it and your enemies won't believe it."
- Belgicia Howell 

"The spaces between your fingers were created so that another's could fill them in."
- Unknown

"Have you ever wondered which hurts the most: saying something and wishing you had not, or saying nothing, and wishing you had?"
- Unknown 

"No one dies a virgin, life screws us all."
- Michael J. Trent

"Someday your prince charming will come. Mine just took a wrong turn, got lost, and is too stubborn to ask for directions."
- Unknown

"There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened."
- Mary Kay Ash

"In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away."
- Shing Xiong

"Never tell your problems to anyone...20% don't care and the other 80% are glad you have them."
- Lou Holtz

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
- Thomas Alva Edison

"I was standing in the park wondering why frisbees got bigger as they get closer. Then it hit me."
- Unknown

"You know you're in love when you don't wanna go to sleep at night because your life is better than a dream."
- Unknown

"Don't play stupid with me...I'm better at it."
- Unknown

"If you cant get someone off your mind they are probably supposed to be there."
- Unknown

"Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you was beyond my control."
- Unknown 

"People have the right to be stupid. Some people abuse that privilege."
- Unknown

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile."
- Unknown

"Live with no excuses and love with no regrets."
- Montel

"The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they are okay, then it's you."
- Rita Mae Brown

"Today I caught myself smiling for no reason . . . then I realized I was thinking about you."
- Unknown

"I always knew looking back on the tears would make me laugh, but I never knew looking back on the laughs would make me cry."
- Unknown

"Last night I looked up and matched each star with a reason why I love you; I was doing great, until I ran out of stars."
- Unknown

"Your right to smoke stops at my right to breathe."
- Unknown  

---

In Honor of Stupid People

In case you needed further proof that the human race is doomed to stupidity, here are some actual label instructions on consumer goods:

On a Sears hairdryer -- Do not use while sleeping.
(Shoot, and that's the only time I have to work on my hair.)

On a bag of Fritos -- You could be a winner! No purchase necessary. Details inside.
(the shoplifter special)?

On a bar of Dial soap -- "Directions: Use like regular soap,"
(and that would be how???....)

On some Swanson frozen dinners -- "Serving suggestion: Defrost."
(but, it's "just" a suggestion).

On Tesco's Tiramisu dessert (printed on bottom) -- "Do not turn upside down."
(well...duh, a bit late, huh)!

On Marks & Spencer Bread Pudding -- "Product will be hot after heating."
(...and you thought??...)

On packaging for a Rowena iron -- "Do not iron clothes on body."
(but wouldn't this save me more time)?

On Boot's Children Cough Medicine -- "Do not drive a car or operate machinery after taking this medication."
(We could do a lot to reduce the rate of construction accidents if we could just get those 5-year-olds with head-colds off those forklifts.)

On Nytol Sleep Aid -- "Warning: May cause drowsiness."
(and...I'm taking this because??....)

On most brands of Christmas lights -- "For indoor or outdoor use only."
(as opposed to...what)?

On a Japanese food processor -- "Not to be used for the other use."
(now, somebody out there, help me on this. I'm a bit curious)

On Sainsbury's peanuts -- "Warning: contains nuts."
(talk about a news flash)

On an American Airlines packet of nuts -- "Instructions: Open packet, eat nuts."
(Step 3: maybe, ooh...fly Delta?)

On a child's Superman costume -- "Wearing of this garment does not enable you to fly."
(I don't blame the company. I blame the parents for this one.)

On a Swedish chainsaw -- "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
(Oh my ..was there a lot of this happening somewhere?)

Now that you've smiled at least once, it's your turn to spread the stupidity.

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´

.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥ *•.¸) *•.¸

Seveda ste vsi vabljeni, da prilepite vaše najljubše poeme in citate. :)

Lp,
T o s y .

"Modern life is so thin and shallow and fake. I look forward to when developers go bankrupt, Japan gets poorer and wild grasses take over."

jenny3

• Točke: 3
Odgovori #1 : 29 Avgust 2007, 14:21:43
hudi verzi... boš huda če si kakšnega sposodim? :P :P :P

Jaz sem jih tudi nekaj časa nazaj zbirala, zdaj pa nimam pojma kje so

lp

Tosy

• Pesjanar
Odgovori #2 : 29 Avgust 2007, 15:37:17
Seveda si lahko. ;)

"Modern life is so thin and shallow and fake. I look forward to when developers go bankrupt, Japan gets poorer and wild grasses take over."

T.M.T

• njufi rulz
  • Pesjanar
  • Moj "mali" prijatelj
Odgovori #3 : 30 Avgust 2007, 22:52:03
Lepi...

Ma jaz sem bolj na slovenske.Moja 2,ki me spravljata h pameti:

Veličina ni v tem,da nikoli ne padeš .Velična je v tem,da se vedno pobereš.

Nikoli ne poslušaj ljudi,ki vidijo le črno in pesimistično.Vzeli ti bodo najlepše sanje in tisto,kar nosiš v srcu.

Prijatelji so tisti,ki ravnajo z nami,kot da smo najdragocenejši.Najbližji so nam,najbolj razumejo kaj nam pomeni življenje.Do nas čutijo tisto,kar čutimo sami.Z nami so povezani v zmagoslavju in nesreči.Premagujejo uroke naše osamljenosti.

Lp,Tjaša - http://tjasa-ron.moj-album.com/

newfka

• Newfs! I love them!!!
    • Točke: 15
  • Newfing through life!
Odgovori #4 : 30 Avgust 2007, 22:54:58
Old age means realizing you will never own all the dogs you wanted to.
Joe Gores

Pa še res je... :(

Lp

Joe Gores

http://newfka.deviantart.com

Alya

• Pesjanar
    • Točke: 26
Odgovori #5 : 31 Avgust 2007, 08:34:06
Joe Gores

Lp

Prevod?:-[

Tosy

• Pesjanar
Odgovori #6 : 31 Avgust 2007, 09:49:36
Wow, vsi trije so ful dobri. :]

Starost pomeni spoznanje, da ne boš nikoli imel vse pse, ki si si jih želel. Oz. nekaj podobnega. x]

Alya

• Pesjanar
Odgovori #7 : 31 Avgust 2007, 10:09:48
Aha hvala.:)

Jana*

• Točke: 11
  • Tery & Brie
Odgovori #8 : 31 Avgust 2007, 18:03:47
uh js bi si tut sposodla kak citat..   

aja, meni so pa tele všeč:

If an animal does something we call it instinct. If we do the same thing for the same reason we call it intelligence…

You cannot do a kindness too soon, because you never know how soon it will be too late

The soul is the same in all living creatures, although the body of each is different.

To see the wind's power, the rain's cleansing
and the sun's radiant life, one need only to look at the horse.

If an animal does something we call it instinct. If we do the same thing for the same reason we call it intelligence…

http://never-endingdreams.deviantart.com/

Tosy

• Pesjanar
Odgovori #9 : 31 Avgust 2007, 21:26:03
Seveda, vsi so vabljeni, da uporabijo citate/poeme.

Prvega poznam, ostali trije so pa tudi krasni. :) Si bom [morda] če lahko kakšnega za kak avatar sposodila.

Jana*

• Tery & Brie
Odgovori #10 : 31 Avgust 2007, 22:10:29
seveda, saj niso moja last, sem jih nekje staknila sam sem pozabla kje  ???

Tosy

• Pesjanar
Odgovori #11 : 31 Avgust 2007, 22:34:56
Jaz tudi za večino pozabim. Ker je polno teh strani in si ne moreš vseh zapomnit. :-[

Mucika

• Točke: 5
  • Vita Vitae Meae
Odgovori #12 : 01 September 2007, 00:26:07
Joe Gores

Lp

O tem pa jaz že skos razmišljam..grenko spoznanje. :( :)

Neyka

• Novofundlanci so zakon!!
  • Pesjanar
  • Neon say: BU
Odgovori #13 : 10 September 2007, 20:29:37
Se strinjam z newfkinim citatom, obenem se pa tolažim da še nisem pred penzijo in da imam vse pogoje da si svoje pasje sanje izpolnim (in jih tudi bom >:D)

Mi je pa všeč tale citat, iz kolibriinega podpisa: La Vita e Bella. Včasih si pes, včasih pa kandelaber  ;D men je svetoven.

Pa Lord Byron, svojemu psu, novofundlandcu Lyonu:

"Lepota brez nečimrnosti,
moč brez predrznosti,
pogum brez divjosti,
vse vrline človeka brez njegovih pregreh."

A bedni pes, ta tvoj prijatelj vdani,
ki prvi te pričaka, prvi brani,
ki v tvojem srcu svoje ima srce,
ki srečen je, če zate v ogenj sme -
ta gre v pozabo, ker mu ne prizna
Bog duše, ki na svetu jo ima:

Jih imam ogromno še nekje zapisanih, nekaj v zvezku, nekaj v wordovem dokumentu, se jih bom potrudila zbrat in pošljem še kakšnega  :)

telo medveda omiljeno gibčnostjo tjulnja; vesele in iskrive oči delfina ter srce, ki je bilo tako mehko, tako zvesto in tako polno ljubezni, kot je bilo lahko le srce novofundlandca!

http://myneon.webs.com
http://neyka-neon.moj-album.com

Nelly

• Mali Pesjanar
    • Točke: 18
Odgovori #14 : 11 September 2007, 03:47:41
Se nekaj "mojih" pobranih iz neta, jasno...

If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life." Roger Caras

Happiness is a warm puppy." :-* :-*
 Charles Schultz

Pes ljubi kosti - to so si izmislili ljudje, ki raje sami pojedo meso (Marian Eile)  :P :P

"No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you rich."
Louis Sabin

A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog."
 Charles Doran

"I once decided not to date a guy because he wasn't excited to meet my dog. I mean, this was like not wanting to meet my mother." Bonnie Schacter

"Newfoundland dogs are good to save children from drowning, but you must have a pond of water handy and a child, or else there will be no profit in boarding a Newfoundland."  Josh Billings

The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven, not man's."  Mark Twain

Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail."  Henry Wheeler Shaw

"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich."  Louis Sabin

When a man's best friend is his dog, that dog has a problem."  Edward Abbey

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."  Unknown

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
Unknown

"If you want the best seat in the house ... move the dog"  :o :o :o
-- Unknown

Ne obstaja boljši psihiater na svetu kot pes, ki vam liže lice ( Ben Williams ) :)

The dog is the only animal that has seen his god.  Author Unknown 8)

Med surfanjem po netu sem pa ze pred casom naletela na stran, kjer je zbranih kar nekaj lepih misli o psih v slovenskem jeziku :  http://www.zoycik.si/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=69&Itemid=38

Jana*

• Tery & Brie
Odgovori #15 : 12 September 2007, 20:39:02
uh res lepi citati  :D

Urška

• Točke: 10
Odgovori #16 : 01 November 2009, 02:55:50
Tale pa spada sem  :-*

Just a Dog

From time to time, people tell me, "lighten up, it's just a dog," or, "that's a lot of money for just a dog." They don't understand the distance traveled, the time spent, or the costs involved for "just a dog."

Some of my proudest moments have come about with "just a dog." Many hours have passed and my only company was "just a dog," but I did not once feel slighted.

Some of my saddest moments have been brought about by "just a dog," and in those days of darkness, the gentle touch of "just a dog" gave me comfort and reason to overcome the day.

If you, too, think it's "just a dog," then you will probably understand phases like "just a friend," "just a sunrise," or "just a promise." "Just a dog" brings into my life the very essence of friendship, trust, and pure unbridled joy. "Just a dog" brings out the compassion and patience that make me a better person.

Because of "just a dog" I will rise early, take long walks and look longingly to the future. So for me and folks like me, it's not "just a dog" but an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the future, the fond memories of the past, and the pure joy of the moment.

"Just a dog" brings out what's good in me and diverts my thoughts away from myself and the worries of the day.   

I hope that someday they can understand that it's not "just a dog" but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a human."

So the next time you hear the phrase "just a dog." just smile, because they "just don't understand."

vohlec

• Točke: 0
Odgovori #17 : 03 Januar 2010, 11:02:22
Še dva citata. :)

"You can tell the depth of a man's knowledge by looking at the dog's he's feeding"
-Pete Sparks

"Lesson One in the world of dogs is that if you put anything above breeding for utility, you will start to lose working abilities."

čara

• Točke: 7
  • Obožujem pse!
Odgovori #18 : 04 Januar 2010, 21:44:57
“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.”

http://tecem26.blogspot.com/
Le vkup uboga gmajna!