Svetovno prvenstvo v dogfrisbee-ju

Jean · 66285

Alba

• Točke: 3
  • I like my dog better than I like most people.
Odgovori #150 : 17 Oktober 2008, 08:25:17
Jean hvala za izčrpno poročilo. Res je ful fajn brati!

Držimo pesti danes in enjoy!!!

Psi so najbolj iskreni prijatelji :):):)

http://www.mojalbum.com/rink/

irzi

• Točke: 2
Odgovori #151 : 17 Oktober 2008, 08:26:28
Držita se, mi smo z vama!
Pa Lyri privošči eno masažo, kot se spodobi za vrhunskega športnika, da ne bo imela vozličev v mišicah :D

Uživajta!

"I did then what I knew then, when I knew better, I did better."
Maya Angelou

Nincy29

• Točke: 0
Odgovori #152 : 17 Oktober 2008, 08:48:41
jean lepo da uživaš!
a ste videli članek od jean glede svetovnega v primorskih novicah??al je bilo to že omenjeno :-[

Alba

Odgovori #153 : 17 Oktober 2008, 09:33:59
Ne Nincy29 ni bilo omenjeno. A obstaja v elektronski obliki? Prav rada bi ga prebrala.

cacy

• Točke: 4
  • Bode, Lin, Arriel in Dreamy
Odgovori #154 : 17 Oktober 2008, 11:19:25
Evo članek ;) Nam ga je družina Colja poslala... ;D

lp

Alba

Odgovori #155 : 17 Oktober 2008, 11:33:14
Cacy hvala!

Jean

• Točke: 6
Odgovori #156 : 18 Oktober 2008, 04:58:41
So, do you want a report on the shopping or on the competition?  :P

It's late and we're tired, so this won't be too long. Lyra is already in bed, I hope to get there soon. Long day today. After four straight days of sunshine, the morning was cloudy, then it started raining a couple of hours before the tournament started and lasted till late afternoon. Things got underway at 2, I was at the field about noon, went for a walk with Lyra and practiced some T&F (in the rain  ::) ). They had a freestyle competition, the so-called last chance qualifier for the world finals tomorrow, and also a last chance qualifier for the Super Pro T&F, which I had entered since Lyra didn't qualify at the EC. The competition was held at a really nice big park just outside the town of Cartersville. Woods, jogging/biking/walking paths, numerous playing fields for football, baseball, etc. Freestyle was held on a football field inside a track, T&F on a nearby field next to a baseball diamond.

We had a decent first round of T&F, 18.5 points, good enough to make the first cut (top fifteen--we tied for tenth place after the first round). Lyra's new boyfriend Ulfi was even better, total of 22.5 I think, including a couple of 5-point catches (40 yards, air catch, in the middle zone). Our second round was dismal--only two catches for 7.5 points. My throwing the second time was not great but not that bad; Bode or Olivia would have caught them easily, but Lyra needs near-perfect throws to catch well (and even then it's not guaranteed). Not too high, not too low, straight and level. Several of my throws started out okay but dipped to one side at the end; she often misses those. Ulfi was good the second time, too--I think he had 21.5 points and came fourth overall. He'd already qualified at the EC, Darek was just doing it for fun/practice.

The truly miraculous thing is that, believe or not, even with such a crappy second round, we STILL qualified for Sunday's event!  :o That's because so many of the people ahead of me had already qualified at other competitions, or had qualified with more than one dog, but the person only gets one slot (and then gets to choose the dog). So I just squeaked in. This means that no matter what happens tomorrow in the freestyle, I won't be idle on Sunday. If I fail to make it to the top fifteen in the freestyle (starts tomorrow), I'll still get to play in the T&F. If by some miracle we DO make the final freestyle cut, I'll likely pass on the T&F, since it's too much for one day. The top people in T&F are pretty amazing--I saw one guy make three 5-point throws in a row. There was a tie for first place after the second round so each competitor had to throw once to break the tie. BOTH made 5-point catches.  :o So then they had to go again and this time one of the guys choked and gave a bad throw.

Some people today competed with up to four dogs in the freestyle qualifier. Like this guy, Lawrence Frederick:
http://www.presidentsfest.com/attractions/dck9s.html

2007 World Champion Tracy Custer and her seven dogs are in the room next to mine.

Mio (my Japanese friend) was very very happy because she qualified today. All the other Japanese had qualified already at other competitions, and now she has too.

So tomorrow we start in the morning, we drew numbers for the starting order today, I'm #24 of I think about 55 or so. Only the top fifteen will be invited to compete on Sunday. We won't know until Saturday night at the banquet what the results are.

Too tired to write more now, I'll have to share some other impressions (along with all my shopping news) another time. My feet are still drying out from being in the rain most of the day.

*BORA*

Odgovori #157 : 18 Oktober 2008, 05:52:31
Bravo Jean  :o tako se dela sedaj pa držimo pesti za T&F in freestyle.  8) Upam, da bosta imele srečo tudi danes in jutri.  ;)  Kot si opisala se pravi, da se vaju drži sreča - naj bo tako vsaj še dva dni, da se vsaj nekje uvrstita med prvih 15. ;D  Upam, da boste imeli lepše vreme in ne bo dežja. Torej zabavajta se in uživajta še naprej.

Srečno Jean & Lyra, mi navijamo za vaju.

cacy

• Točke: 4
  • Bode, Lin, Arriel in Dreamy
Odgovori #158 : 18 Oktober 2008, 07:25:35
Ooooo BRAVO :o :o :o
Mislim, da se je pot le splačala, rezultati so že dobri :o Le tako naprej :-*

Gooooooo Lyraaaaaaaaaa, Goooooooooooo Jean 8)

*sara*

• Točke: 7
Odgovori #159 : 18 Oktober 2008, 08:55:51
Lepo dobro jutro si nam spisala Jean. B.R.A.V.O!!!  :o  :o  :o
Zdaj se pa kar naspita in potem spet uspešno v nov uspešen dan ;)

...Hey babe, take a walk on the wild side...
...http://goldenhandling.webs.com...

Majchy

• ° Žleht kot pes °
  • Super Pesjanar
    • Točke: 99
  • *love dogs*
Odgovori #160 : 18 Oktober 2008, 09:37:00
Bravooooo Jean & Lyra!!!  :o :o :o

Držimo pesti naprej!  :-*

LP, Maja

SPLETNA STRAN: http://www.majchy.com
PORTFOLIO: http://www.majarokavec.com

kala,runo,bella

• Točke: 1
Odgovori #161 : 18 Oktober 2008, 09:45:16
BRAVO, kar tako naprej   :o :o :-*

Leangi Pima

Odgovori #162 : 18 Oktober 2008, 10:45:00
Tole je bilo pa res lepo brati ob zajtrku  :o BRAVO BRAVO!!!!

Dina

Odgovori #163 : 18 Oktober 2008, 10:55:53
 :o Bravo punce!

...sledi svojim sanjam

Jean

Odgovori #164 : 18 Oktober 2008, 13:14:48
  Kot si opisala se pravi, da se vaju drži sreča -

Definitely more luck than skill.  ;) But luck alone won't be enough to get us through today successfully, there are some amazing players and dogs here.

Have to go, being picked up soon. Weather should be better today. Dry, and cooler than it's been.

lp iz Georgia from Jean and Lyra (still sleeping)

zoe

• Točke: 25
Odgovori #165 : 18 Oktober 2008, 13:44:32
Jean, čestitam za kvalifikacijo! :o

"Get over your hill and see what you find there, with grace in your heart and flowers in your hair"

andreja

• Pesjanar
    • Točke: 28
  • vedno z mano
Odgovori #166 : 18 Oktober 2008, 15:59:37
Super!!!  :D ;D

http://blueberry.moj-album.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbKsgaXQy2k&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xB4dbdNSXY&feature=related

Never argue with an idiot; first he will drag you down to his level, then he will beat you with experience :P

Chiba

Odgovori #167 : 18 Oktober 2008, 16:35:19
Čestitke!

CANIS CARNIUM - vzreja staffordshire bull terrierjev
http://www.carniumsbt.com/

irzi

• Točke: 2
Odgovori #168 : 18 Oktober 2008, 18:15:18
BRAVOOOOO! ;D
držimo pesti in šape še za dalje ;D

"I did then what I knew then, when I knew better, I did better."
Maya Angelou

Nincy29

Odgovori #169 : 18 Oktober 2008, 19:18:47
Super :) :) :)

mayča

• Brigitka in Nelči-Belči
Odgovori #170 : 18 Oktober 2008, 20:14:32
WIIII!!!!! BRAVOOOOOO!!!! ČESTITKEEEE!!!!  :o :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :-* :-* :-* :-*

sibila

• still more white...
Odgovori #171 : 18 Oktober 2008, 20:42:15
Jeeeeeeeeee!Bravooooo! ;D :o
Držimo pesti za jutri! ;)

aska

• Pravi Pesjanar
    • Točke: 43
  • AM Aska
Odgovori #172 : 18 Oktober 2008, 20:49:53
Čestitkeeeeeeeeeeeee :o :o

culto

Odgovori #173 : 18 Oktober 2008, 21:14:31
To mi deli Jean & Lyra  :-* ;)

Jean

Odgovori #174 : 19 Oktober 2008, 01:54:16
Hi, very quick report (anyway you're all sleeping). Today there was no rain but a lot of WIND.  :( Terrible for frisbee. Catch ratios were down for everybody, and that tends to drag your whole score down. I thought our first round of freestyle was actually okay, considering the conditions, but our score was lower than I would have thought. Our minidistance, though, was among the best--18 points, which in the wind was pretty damn good. So after the first round of freestyle plus minidistance we were in 13th place (of 37 competitors). The highest ranked from Europe as it turned out; poor Darek had a mediocre freestyle round and just one catch in mindistance  :-[ and were near the bottom, Wiel (from the Netherlands) and his big aussie Shadow weren't much higher. The Japanese had several really good rounds; five of them placed in the top fifteen after FS1 + MD, and Shaun Hirai (Yachi's son) was tops, with a truly superb freestyle (not at all affected by the wind; the best players can throw in the wind as well as in still conditions) and 19 points in MD.

Darek and Ulfi were really good in freestyle the second time but they won't be able to move up into the top fifteen from where they started. Our second round of freestyle was pretty disastrous--the wind took my second frisbee (meant to be a flip in a series of multiples) and carried it about ten meters down field, with Lyra of course in hot pursuit.  ::) So that messed up our whole rhythm and I never really recovered. I had to bag the flip multiples and improvise something else, which turned me around and somehow all the throws I meant to throw downwind were upwind and vice versa (overs, too). So we didn't have a high percentage of catches, and as for the rest, my feeling is that it was pretty bad, but what do I know, it's up to the judges. We won't know the final results until later tonight (announced at the banquet) but I doubt we'll still be in the top fifteen after that second round. But we can still do the Super Pro T&F. Plus there's an agility competition tomorrow--maybe I should change sports  :D

Okay, time to feed my dog--poor Lyra had to wait while I filed this report. More later.

Jean

Odgovori #175 : 19 Oktober 2008, 05:59:21
Okay, official results are in: Lyra and I didn't quite make it to the top fifteen, we slipped to about 18th place. Still the highest placed team from Europe. We got our scoresheets already, believe it or not our second FS was actually a bit higher than our first, mainly due to slightly better execution. The canine judge did not like Lyra much; she's never gotten scores this low, not even at our first competitions. Usually the canine score is our highest of the four (canine, player, team, execution), this time only execution was lower. The EC canine judge, Bryan Lamky, (who competed here), gave her really high marks--9.7/10. Today she got a little over 7. So win a few, lose a few. I'm fine with not advancing, Lyra did a great job, the wind made things difficult, and we're still in the top half of a fairly elite group. We'll have a shot at the Super Pro T&F tomorrow and enjoy watching the best of the best do the freestyle. It's much more enjoyable to watch if you're not competing yourself.  8)

Tomorrow it's a whole new competition, just limited to 15 entrants. Two rounds of FS, one round of MD. So the finishing order today won't influence tomorrow's results. I'll be rooting for Shaun, I think, and a Japanese woman with a malinois who finished quite high today. I think Darek and Ulfi were Europe's best hope, it's a pity they didn't do better today. But Darek also has a shot at the Super Pro T&F, so maybe Europe will bring home a cup after all.  Hope the wind isn't as strong tomorrow.

While I was writing this (in the hotel lobby) a woman came up to me, or rather to Lyra, who is lying at my feet. Her name is Rhonda Champion, she's here from Colorado for a completely different event (accompanying her father to a reunion of Navy WWII veterans), and was delighted to learn there was a dogfrisbee event this weekend. She came out to watch for a bit today; back in Colorado she runs a group for owners of deaf dogs:
http://www.www.spiritofdeafdogs.org/index.html

Has six of her own (Dalmatians). They do all kinds of activities with the dogs, but so far not frisbee. I told her about Pirelli, the fifth-place dog at the EC, who is deaf.

Bedtime for us, time for you readers to get up. Or maybe not, it's Sunday so you can sleep late.  ;) We get to sleep a little later too tomorrow--registration is at 11, competition starts at 12.

Lahko noc!

*BORA*

Odgovori #176 : 19 Oktober 2008, 08:14:12
Jean kjub slabemu oziroma vetrovnemu vremenu ti je šlo dobro. 18. mesto  ;D  ni kar tako, to je ZELO dobra uvrstitev glede na to da si na boljši polovici od vseh tekmovalcev in blizu elite 15. najboljših. Torej držimo pesti za današnji dan, ko tekmuješ v super T&F. ;)
Vemo, da boš kot vedno dala vse od sebe. Uživaj ob gledanju najbolših 15. freestylov. 8)

Če je mogoče sedaj, ko si že tam je res najboljše, da zamenjaš disciplino in se res preiskusiš še v agillityu, ha, ha,.... ;D ;D ;D

ČESTITAMO ZA VČERAJ IN NAVIJAMO ŠE ZA DANES!!!!! 

SREČNO JEAN & LYRA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deteljica

• Pravi Pesjanar
    • Točke: 35
Odgovori #177 : 19 Oktober 2008, 09:34:23
Jean super- me drugim  celo  najbolje plasirani evropski par- pa kaj še hočeš , to je nad vsemi pričakovanji   :o !
Pa štartaj še agility- zagotovo bosta zmagovalki v kombinaciji  8)

Heraklit: "Psi lajajo samo na tiste, ki jih ne poznajo!

Ovcka

• Točke: 14
  • ..: Cosmo :..
Odgovori #178 : 19 Oktober 2008, 09:34:37
Bravo Jean in Lyra!!!  ;D ;D Kljub vsemu, super rezultat, in kar tako naprej!!  ;D ;)

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed

Hoiker's Cosmic Adventure
Moj album

mayča

• Brigitka in Nelči-Belči
Odgovori #179 : 19 Oktober 2008, 09:45:57
BRAVOOOO!!!  :D :D :D :D :D
ČESTITKE za odlično uvrstitev!! in kar je Bora rekla - 18.mesto je navse zadnje zelo odličen rezultat!!  :o

Držimo pesti tudi za danes!!  :-* :-* :-*